To look after your own self is easier said than done if you are the caregiver of the seriously ill child. Add to that other children, a spouse, cooking,cleaning,laundry,appointments, pets, church, other family members or an outside job and taking good care of you goes to the foot of their email list. Here are a couple ideas to put you at the top again without feeling guilty.
1. Delegate…. There is no rule which says you have to do all of it, regardless if you are the mom or dad. Let others help, delegate smaller age appropriate jobs to the other siblings, and divide chores with your spouse. And that includes the care to the sick child. No person person will do it all.
2. During times of acute illness, have prepared or prepackaged meals available inside the freezer. Nothing is wrong using a frozen pizza on occasion. Or make simple meals like scrambled eggs and bacon or pancakes. Have fruit available too, for the quick pick me up and a straightforward snack in your case.
3. Do household bills on the same day every month instead of many times a month. Whenever your child has become ill, the times and weeks run together so it’s much easier to plan on one day for bill paying. You happen to be less inclined to miss an invoice and it is smoother.
4. Plan to manage emails, calls, and other household business exactly the same way… on a single day every month or one day weekly. Assign a spokesperson for family for that maybe in the month saving your time and energy for your child and for rest on your own.
5. Utilize the social service department of your child’s hospital , nor let pride impede in case your family needs something extra. Social personnel are taught to help families cope with the stress of the chronically ill child and they also can meet with siblings, help find financial solutions, and liaison between friends.
6. Leave the guilt behind if you have a short while to yourself. Like a hot bubble bath, savor dinner made by someone else, or maybe be content when another has cleaned or done laundry, even if it’s not up to your standards.
Give yourself permission to wind down or read or perhaps sit quietly paying attention to the birds a couple of minutes everyday. It’s going to significantly help to keeping you sane and refreshed.
For more information about caregiver please visit web page: look at more info.